Immigration laws can change quickly, and none more so than Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA). If you are unsure of your current status or your next steps, you’re not alone. Our Glendale, Arizona, immigration lawyers are here to answer your questions and help you through the complicated DACA program.
We understand how stressful it can be to apply for DACA correctly on your own. There are several forms you’ll need to fill out and qualifications that must be met. Our Glendale immigration lawyers are here to work with you.
Working With a DACA Immigration Attorney at New Frontier Immigration Law
The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) processes your DACA renewal application. They do not require you to work with an immigration attorney. If you feel confident about meeting all of the conditions they put forward to produce an application packet that may be successful, you can proceed.
If you would feel more comfortable with one of our DACA immigration attorneys, the benefits are significant. They include:
- In our initial strategy session, we invite you to share your story from the day you arrived in the US.
- We identify any areas of concern specific to your history and, based on what we learn, we present options to resolve any outstanding issues and move forward with a DACA renewal application.
- Our legal team completes your application, including gathering appropriate supporting documentation and meeting all other USCIS requirements.
- Once the application is submitted, we track its progress and keep you informed of updates.
- If the application is not successful, we will appeal the ruling.
- Should the appeal be turned down, we will review all options to stop any threat of deportation.
Our Legal Team Will Work With You in Glendale, AZ
Attorney Hillary Walsh founded New Frontier Immigration Law and built it into a powerhouse of over 100 legal staff, all working to help you establish a good life in the U.S. free of fear.
In addition to DACA, our attorneys help individuals and families with a variety of immigration cases, such as:
- Military parole in place
- Removal defense
- Violence Against Women Act Self-Petitions
- Family petitions
The list of issues we work on is long. If you or your family face difficulties related to immigration, our legal team is ready to fight for you.
Our Clients Speak Up About Their Experience Working With Our Team in Glendale, AZ
After working with our team at New Frontier Immigration Law, our former clients say:
- “I owe my entire life to Attorney Walsh and her team. Victor, Maria, and Licely have worked alongside Hillary to get me out of ICE detention in Florence, AZ and I could not be more grateful for their hard work. They all worked tirelessly throughout the entire process and it is truly a miracle that I am here to write about it. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I would recommend Hillary Gaston Walsh and her EXCEPTIONAL team a million times over. Thanks guys!” — Santiago N.
- “Hillary was absolutely amazing today. She helped answer so many pressing questions I had. She was so professional and kind. You can tell that she is so passionate about what she does. I would recommend her over and over again.” – Samantha V.
For a free legal consultation with a daca immigration lawyer serving Glendale, call (623) 742-5400
What You Should Know About DACA
DACA is a program offering renewable two-year protection from deportation and a work permit. Certain individuals who came to the United States as children may qualify for DACA.
Those who qualify for DACA are also able to request work authorization. Work authorization allows you to legally work in the U.S., even if you are not a citizen or lawful permanent resident.
Eligibility for Initial DACA Application in Glendale, AZ
To apply for DACA, you must:
- Have entered the U.S. illegally before you were 16 years old
- Have been in the U.S. on June 15, 2012, and had no lawful status on that day, and been in the US when you applied for DACA
- Not have been convicted of a felony or certain misdemeanors, or pose a threat to national security or public safety
- Have lived in the U.S. full-time since June 15, 2007
- Have been born on or after June 16, 1981
- Be in school or have completed high school or a GED, or been honorably discharged from the armed forces
Renewing DACA in Glendale, AZ
If you have DACA or your coverage recently expired, you can apply for a two-year renewal. You may want to speak with a DACA immigration attorney about your specific situation, but generally, these are the requirements to renew:
- You must meet all the eligibility requirements for the initial application
- You should apply for a renewal between 120 and 150 days before your current DACA expires
- If your DACA expired less than 1 year ago, you can still apply for renewal, but it’s better to apply 4 to 5 months before expiration, as there are hundreds of thousands of applications and only so many people to process them
You may renew your DACA application online or by mail. There are multiple steps to follow and the process can be complicated. Our DACA attorneys are here to help make sure all of the requirements are met and concerns specific to your circumstances are addressed.
Glendale DACA Immigration Lawyer Near Me (623) 742-5400
Benefits of DACA Protection
Living under the protection of DACA makes life easier than trying to live in the US without it. For example:
- DACA recipients are generally safe from deportation
- DACA provides a work permit and allows you to get a social security number
- You can receive unemployment benefits
- Many states allow you to get a driver’s license and car insurance
- You can get free representation against criminal charges if you cannot afford an attorney
- You can travel outside the US under certain conditions
- You can establish credit and rent or buy a home in your own name
Click to contact our DACA Immigration Lawyers today
Call Us Today to Get Started With Our DACA Immigration Lawyers in Glendale, AZ
Our team is ready to guide you through the process of applying for DACA. We can ensure you understand the qualifying criteria and we will work to help you remain in the U.S. To get started with our team, reach out to us today for a strategic session. We are ready to take your call and answer any questions you have.