New Frontier Immigration Law is offering a $2,500 scholarship to a deserving student pursuing higher education in a university, college, or graduate school. Our law office firmly believes in helping people thrive in their communities. All it takes is one determined individual to enact positive change in people’s lives.
With the How I Make My Community Great Scholarship contest, we want to give students an opportunity to tell their stories on how they’ve made an impact in their chosen communities, as well as any other community initiatives they might have. The following explains more about the scholarship essay topic and its eligibility requirements.
What Is the How I Make My Community Great Scholarship?
The How I Make My Community Great Scholarship is an academic-based award of $2,500 meant to help a currently enrolled or accepted student pay for their higher education.
To enter the contest, applicants must submit a 500- to 1,000-word essay about how they have helped their community evolve in a positive way. Other topic points to include in the essay should include:
- How do you make your community great?
- How would you define “community” in your own terms?
- What initiatives do you have in mind (or in place) to better your community and enact change?
The deadline to apply for the How I Make My Community Great Scholarship essay contest is June 15, 2023.
Who Can Apply for the How I Make My Community Great Scholarship?
To apply for the How I Make My Community Great Scholarship contest, you must:
- Be enrolled in or admitted to an accredited college or university: You must provide proof that you are currently enrolled in or have been accepted to a college or university, which can include an acceptance letter. This scholarship allows for both undergraduate- and graduate-level students to apply, provided their school has proper accreditation. Students of all areas of study may apply.
- Have at least a 3.0 GPA: You must provide a copy of your unofficial transcript to prove that you have earned at least a 3.0 GPA in your most recent semester of school. Students who were admitted to a college/university may use their high school transcripts to prove their recent GPA scores.
This scholarship fund is available to both undocumented and documented immigrant students, and students who are United States legal residents and citizens. We highly encourage any student with interest in helping their community grow and develop to apply to this scholarship fund.
All applicants must fill out the scholarship contest form on our website, which will allow you to attach your written essay and additional materials. Please attach your essay as PDF, or it may not be considered.
Terms and Conditions of the How I Make My Community Great Scholarship
The winner of the How I Make My Community Great Scholarship award will be decided by a scholarship committee board. The committee will read applicants’ essays and review relevant materials to determine who will receive the $2,500 scholarship award. Then, it will notify the winner based on the contact information they provide in their application form.
The scholarship committee abides by a non-discrimination policy. No form of discrimination based on race, gender, sexuality, religion, or any other protected class trait will influence the final decision. You can read the full terms and conditions of the scholarship contest when filling out the contest form, as a link will be provided.
What We Hope to See in Applicants’ Essays
While we are excited to read about the various accomplishments of our applicants, we also hope to see their individual characteristics and experiences shine through their essays. Remember, this is the How I Make My Community Great Scholarship contest, so your essay should show examples of who you are as a person with hopes, dreams, and ambition.
The scholarship committee will evaluate essays based on several criteria, but some points that can help your essay stand out from the rest include:
- What obstacles did you face as you were helping your community? Wisdom isn’t taught in a textbook but through life experiences. Some of our greatest lessons come from the overwhelming challenges we’ve overcome to achieve our goals. We want to hear what kind of adversity you faced and how that shaped your character.
- What pleasant surprises did you encounter while achieving your goals? Beyond your challenges, we’d love to hear any positive outcomes that occurred despite the odds or your expectations. For example, did an unlikely group in your community step in to provide assistance after finding out about your cause? Did a setback end up being a blessing in disguise?
- What drives your passion to help people in your community? Some people’s ambition stems from wanting to help others with shared experiences, such as struggles within their community, while other people may have the drive to help people heal from traumatic experiences (e.g., family separation, domestic violence, addiction). What motivates you to lend out a helping hand?
How New Frontier Immigration Law Gives Back to Its Community
New Frontier Immigration Law is a legal group that focuses on immigration cases in the United States. We believe people should be welcomed in their chosen community and feel safe to thrive in it.
Our attorneys handle cases involving several practice areas, including:
- Petitions to bring family members into the country
- Immigration status decision appeals
- Military Parole in Place (PIP)
- Waivers for entering the United States without permission
- Bonds for detained foreign national releases
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
- Motions to reopen immigration cases
- Defense against potential deportation
Feel free to read testimonials from previous clients we’ve helped. We work hard to help clients navigate the confusing immigration process, whether that involves explaining legal documentation or providing legal counsel as new obstacles come up. This process isn’t easy, but we are always here to help our community.
Facing an Immigration Legal Issue? Call Now for a Free Strategic Session
New Frontier Immigration Law is a law firm based in Phoenix, Arizona, that focuses on defending individuals against deportation and helping immigrants stay in the United States. From helping individuals fight for their immigration status changes to petitioning to keep families together in the country, our attorneys work hard to support our communities.
If you or a loved one is facing potential deportation or another immigration-related issue, an attorney at New Frontier Immigration Law wants to represent you. Call now to speak with a member of our team in a free strategic session.