The amount of money that an immigration lawyer in Phoenix, Arizona, charges will depend on the services you need in your specific situation. Some immigration lawyers in Phoenix might charge an hourly rate, while others charge flat rates. Ultimately, the price you pay will depend on the firm you choose and the complexity of your case.
Before you choose a lawyer, you might want to ask them how much they charge to take cases like yours. This way, you’ll have a clear idea of how much money you should anticipate spending.
What a Phoenix Immigration Lawyer Does
Immigration law is a specialized field that can be complicated and confusing. You may not want to try to handle your immigration case by yourself without a Phoenix, Arizona, immigration attorney. Missing a deadline or not understanding which forms you need to file could mean that you’ll need to start the process all over again.
When you work with an immigration attorney, they can perform services like the following:
- Determine which documents need to be submitted
- Draft and file any documents within the required deadlines
- Represent you at hearings and in court
- If applicable, they can seek an exception to the Naturalization test
- Attend the immigration interview with you
- Take steps to prevent deportation
- Fight deportation for you
- Challenge the denial of your application
- Prepare your application for a visa or Green Card
In short, a Phoenix immigration attorney could perform any services necessary for a client to fight deportation, get a visa, get a green card, and even become a naturalized citizen of the United States.
The extent of the services your situation requires will determine how much the lawyer’s fees will cost. The reputation and experience of the attorney and law firm are factors that can impact the hourly rate they charge.
For a free legal consultation, call (623) 742-5400
When You May Want Help From an Immigration Lawyer in Phoenix
You might want to seek the services of an immigration lawyer in Arizona if you currently have or want to obtain any of the following types of following immigration statuses:
- You or a family member is an undocumented immigrant.
- You fall under the status of Conditional Permanent Resident.
- You would like to become a Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR) or a naturalized citizen.
Each of these situations can involve multiple steps, including completing and filing forms and attending hearings. An immigration attorney could help you navigate these tricky circumstances.
An Immigration Lawyer in Phoenix, AZ Can Help You Seek a Green Card
Many people hire an immigration lawyer to help them get a visa. There are multiple types of visas that could be available, depending on your situation. For example, you might qualify for an immigrant or non-immigrant visa. You might go after a temporary or permanent visa.
You might have heard of a Green Card. The formal name for a Green Card is a lawful permanent resident card. With a Green Card, you can stay in the United States permanently and live and work here.
A Phoenix, AZ Immigration Lawyer Can Help You Apply for Several Types of Visas
According to the U.S. Department of State, there are more than 32 different types of non-immigrant visas in America and more than 13 kinds of immigrant visas. Within those categories, there are multiple sub-categories and forms that must get filed.
Determining which visa to apply for and submitting your application can quickly become confusing. Hiring a Phoenix immigration lawyer may make your application process feel less overwhelming.
Common Cases a Phoenix, AZ Immigration Lawyer Can Help With
Although there are countless tasks that a Phoenix immigration attorney performs on a regular basis, here are some of the more common issues they deal with for their clients:
- Applying for family-based immigration to the United States: The client wants an immigrant visa to stay in this country permanently. The applicant will need to get sponsored by an immediate family member who is a U.S. citizen or has a Green Card.
- Advocating for a client whose application for citizenship got denied: The immigration attorney could request to have the application re-opened or reconsidered. Another option is to start the application process over and request citizenship a second time.
- Helping a client fight deportation: The Phoenix lawyer should explain the process and possible results of fighting deportation. Also, the attorney can develop a strategy to defend you and fight for you to remain in the United States.
- Easing some of your worries about the immigration process: It is frightening when you do not know if you will get to stay in the United States. Getting U.S. citizenship is not always an easy process, but an immigration lawyer can answer your questions and explain what to expect throughout your case.
The amount of money your attorney charges may depend on which type of case you need help with.
Click to contact our immigration lawyers today
How To Get Help With Your Immigration Case in Phoenix
New Frontier Immigration Law is passionate about helping clients who want to stay in this country and fight deportation. You can reach out to us today to find out how we can help you with your Phoenix, Arizona, immigration case. When you contact us, we can discuss how much we may charge for your case.