You should ask questions about a lawyer’s experience, case results, and cost to find the immigration lawyer that’s right for you. Finding the immigration lawyer that’s right for you could take some time, but it would be worth the investment of your time to get an experienced Phoenix, Arizona, immigration lawyer fighting for you. Some lawyers only handle the occasional immigration law matter while focusing the rest of their practice on entirely different fields of law.
When dealing with such complex issues as immigration, you will want to find a Phoenix immigration attorney who has handled your kind of case many times before. Also, immigration cases can have unexpected twists and turns, so you will want to work with a lawyer who has “seen it all” and can handle whatever comes along in your case.
Questions To Ask a Phoenix Immigration Lawyer Before Hiring Them
You will want to get recommendations from people you trust and respect when you compile your list of potential attorneys for your case. After you have a list of candidates, you will want to talk to at least two or three of them before deciding which lawyer you will hire to handle your immigration matter.
Here are some of the questions you might wish to ask a prospective immigration lawyer at that initial meeting:
- What percentage of their practice is in the field of immigration law?
- How many cases like yours have they handled before?
- What is their fee structure? Do they charge by the hour, or, if you have a simple matter, do they use a fixed or flat fee?
- Do they go to court for their clients, or do they refer the case to someone else if it reaches that point?
- What is the process you can expect in your immigration case?
Feel free to ask any additional relevant questions based on the type of immigration matter you are currently facing.
For a free legal consultation, call (623) 742-5400
Understanding the Role of an Immigration Lawyer in Phoenix, AZ
It could help you know what to expect from an immigration attorney if you understand their role in the United States. Immigration lawyers in some other countries might serve different functions than they do here. Your attorney may:
- Investigate your case and advise you on your legal options.
- Explain which documents need to be submitted in your situation. There are dozens of different types of visas and other immigration matters, with many different forms.
- Compile and file all necessary documents and submit them on time.
- Represent you at court and attend the immigration interview with you.
- Take steps to prevent you from being deported.
- Challenge denials to your visa or Green Card application.
You will want to find a Phoenix immigration attorney who can perform any services you need, from getting a visa, fighting deportation, or becoming a naturalized citizen of the United States.
How Our Phoenix Immigration Lawyer Could Help You
The immigration lawyer who is right for your case will be able to handle matters like the following:
- Remove some of the fear and uncertainty of the immigration process in the United States. There is so much at stake when you have an immigration matter. If you cannot get the status you seek, you might not be allowed to stay in the country. Your lawyer should explain the options that are available to you and the process you can expect.
- Develop a strategy to defend you from deportation and fight for you to remain in this country. Also, the lawyer should make sure that you understand the legal process and what might happen as your case progresses.
- Explain how U.S. laws apply to your case. If you are not familiar with U.S. laws that apply to immigration cases, your attorney can help you. If you hire our firm, we can tell you about the laws that apply to your case without using any confusing legal terms.
- Keep you updated about how your case is progressing. You will not be left feeling confused about the status of your case. Your attorney will make sure you are in the loop about the next steps you can expect.
Click to contact our immigration lawyers today
Reach Out to Us To Work With Our Immigration Lawyer in Phoenix, AZ
The Phoenix, Arizona, immigration lawyers at New Frontier Immigration Law will work tirelessly for you to fight deportation and stay in this country. You can reach out to us today to learn more about how we can help you.
Call us to get started on your immigration case. We’ll help you begin your case with a strategy session.